Every Indian who is above 18 have right and duty to vote in local or national, for this all you need an valid voter id card and you can get it via applying online mode or offline mode. In today’s post we will tell you how you can apply for an voter ID card online / offline as well as list of document required to apply for voter id card and everything related to new voter id card registration in India for all states.
The Govt. of India already started the online process to apply new voter id card however if you are not so tech savvy you can opt out the offline method. Every state has its own official site to apply for voter id card and slight different in applying process you can learn the complete process via clicking on the name of the state listed below or read the complete process which I have described below. This is the common method which will work for all Indians. Below are the points which will be discussed on this post.
- How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in 2017 Complete Guide
- How to Apply for New Voter ID Card Offline
- Eligibility to Apply for New Voter ID Card in India?
- List of Documents Required for New Voter ID Card
- Benefits of Voter ID Card
How to Apply for New Voter ID Card Offline Method Step by Step Guide
Well there are several Indians who are not aware about the online process but that one is easy similar to offline no issue to apply offline voter id card you have to follow few simple steps:
- Step 1: First of all you have to download the Form 6 from the official site or can ask for the form from Voters Registration and EPIC Centre of your Assembly Constituency.
- Step 2: Fill all the fields accordingly if you are not sure what to fill then you can take the help of your area BLO.
- Step 3: Affix a Passport Size on the form “SPACE FOR PASTING ONE RECENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (3.5 CM X 3.5 CM) SHOWING FRONTAL VIEW OF FULL FACE WITHIN THIS BOX”
- Step 4: Once you filled the form now attached the following documents “Proof of Age” “Proof of Residence” which I already described above in the post.
- Step 5: You can send the form and supporting documents via post to VREC ((Voters’ Registration and EPIC Centre) of your Assembly Constituency.
- Step 6: You can also visit the nearest VREC (Voters’ Registration and EPIC Centre) of your Assembly Constituency and deliver the documents in person.
- Step 7: You can submit your documents to the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) after which a verification will be conducted by the BLOs.
- Step 8: If everything is ok then you will receive your new voter id card at your residence by courier.
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online
- First of all access the official website of CEO of your state the list is pasted below.
- Select State
- Then select “Assembly/ Parliamentary Constituency”
- Now fill your personal details like Name, Surname, Name of Relative, Type of Relation, Age, Gender
- Now fill your house no. area pin code etc
- Fill mobile number and email id
- Upload photograph, Age Proof documents, Address Proof
- After filling all the mandatory details click on “Submit” button.
Congratulations you have successfully applied for voter id card online , you will receive an sms on your mobile as well as email on email id with application number through which you can track your application status that is your voter id card made or not.
After the successful submission BLO will visit at your residence or provided address for verification purpose and will ask for original & xerox of documents if all the document are ok then your voter id will be delivered to your residence.
Eligibility to Apply for New Voter ID Card in India?
- To apply for new voter id card your age must be 18 or 18+.
- You must be an Indian citizen
- Enrolment only at ordinary place of residence.
- Enrolment only at one place.
- Overseas Indian deemed to be ordinarily resident at address given in passport.
- Service Voters deemed to be ordinarily resident at their home address.
List of Documents Required for New Voter ID Card
Either you apply online or offline for voter id card you need following documents:
You need a passport size photogra
Identity / Age Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- High School Mark Sheet
- Ration Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone (Landline) Bill
- Water Bill
- Driving License etc.
If you are all set with these documents and photograph now you may proceed with online or offline process for new voter id card here is the list of states through which you can get complete information about particular state and new voter id card registration process or just skip these steps and scroll down.
List of States to Apply for New Voter Id Card
- West Bengal
- Tamil Nadu
- Madhya Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Hope you find it worthful if have any query complaint or suggestion please drop it in below comment box. Thanks for reading .