It’s the duty of every eligible citizen to vote and moreover, it’s a privilege to vote. Any individual being the citizen of India and is above 18 years of age is eligible and should vote in the electoral process. In India, soon after the Election Commission declares the dates the electoral process commences. India being a democratic country every people have theright to express their opinions and views along with choosing a leader for them by the process of voting. Thus, voting serve as a ropeway of an individual’s voice.
Here comes the role of Voter ID. A person must have a Voter ID to give avote. Along with the valid ID proof, voter ID is a significant document which is issued only by the government authority i.e. Election Commission which gives us the power to cast vote. Manipur is one of the states of India and home for many multi– religious people. So it is implied to have numerous voters in Manipur.
There are basically two modes of applying for Voter ID card viz. – offline and online mode. The steps of applying for Voter ID card is given below under both modes.
How to Apply For Voter ID card In Manipur using Offline Mode?
Offline mode is useful for those people who are not too much familiar or not comfortable with online mode of working and do not have awayto the internet. Individuals can simply register by following the given procedures to get a Voter ID in Manipur.
- Collect the application Form-6 from an electoral office.
- Fill the details & provide the required KYC documents then submit it to the electoral office.
- It is better if you keep the details of the family members whose name has beforehand been inserted in the electoral roll.
- Once the form is reviewed and then verified, the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) shall visit the residence that was mentioned on the Form-6.This is done to check whether the details provided are correct and accurate.
- After the procedure of verification has been completed, the voter ID card shall be sent to the address that was stated in the form and was verified by the BLO(s).
The documents required to be submitted for voter ID card in Manipur are:
- Passport sized photographs.
- An Identity Proof such as Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ Pan Card/ Bank Passbook etc.
- An address proof such as Aadhar Card/ copy of Ration Card/ Passport etc.
How to Apply For Voter ID card In Manipur using Online Mode?
For online mode, The Chief Electoral Officer of Manipur is empowered for facilitating application for Voter ID cards. Individuals can simply follow the given procedures to get a Voter ID in Manipur using online mode.
- Visit the official website of Chief Executive Officer of Manipur and select the option of online registration on the homepage.
- Select the Form-6 and fill it accurately with all the mandatory fields for applying for registration of voter ID card.
- The user in the next step has to upload their photograph with the required documents.
- Print out the form after being filled and submit it to the nearest election commission office after whichBooth Level Officers (BLOs) shall visit the residence that was mentioned on the Form-6 for verifying the address provided in the application.
- After the procedure of verification is successful, the voter ID card shall be sent to the address stated in the form by post.
For more detail information, please do visit the official site of CEO of Electoral Office of Manipur www.ceomanipur.nic.in
You Can Also Apply for New Voter ID Card in These States As Well
Step by Step Guide to Apply New Voter ID Card in Uttar Pradesh (UP)
Step by Step Guide to Apply New Voter ID Card in UttraKhand
Step by Step Guide to Apply New Voter ID Card in Punjab
Step by Step Guide to Apply New Voter ID Card in Goa
Step by Step Guide to Apply New Voter ID Card in Manipur