India is known to be the largest democracy in the world. The government in India is chosen by the people and to vote is a basic human right given by the constitution of the India. In order to vote there are certain criteria which should be met like the person should be a citizen of India and he should be at least 18 years of age. Another requirement that the person has is that he should hold a valid voted ID card. Voted ID card can be obtained just like a driving licence once the person is 18. Voter ID enables the person to vote and it also serves as an ID prove which is issued by the government. In earlier days it was a problem to obtain a voter ID but as of now it is possible to apply for voter ID through online and offline medium both. Here is how to apply for the Voter ID.
Applying For Voter ID through Online Medium –
Follow the steps given below and your voter ID card will be send to you without having to go to any government office.
- Log on to Chief Electoral Office’s Website (http://ceouttarpradesh.nic.in/) for Uttar Pradesh. Once the website is displayed, click on ‘Online Service for Voter’. This will redirect you to the Voter Service Portal.
- Next step is, click on ‘Apply Online for Registration of a New Voter’. Once you click on the link, voter application form will be displayed and now you need to fill the form accurately.
- You will first be asked to fill in the details of the constituency you reside in. Once that is entered, a lot of personal details will be asked. Enter the details and submit the form after uploading all the relevant documents for the verification.
- After the submitting the form, you need to wait for the verification to be complete. There will also be a physical verification where in Booth Level Officer will visit your home and verify your identity.
- Ideally the Voter card arrives with in 1 week after the verification is done.
Applying For Voter ID through Offline Medium –
In case you are willing to apply for voter ID by visiting the electoral office, here are the steps to be followed.
- Visit the Electoral Office in your constituency and obtain a copy of Form 6. Alternatively the Form 6 can also be obtained from the website given above. After getting the Form 6, fill in all the relevant details.
- You need to attach a recent passport size photograph along with supporting documents like Passport, Driving Licence, and PAN etc.
- Once the form is complete, you need to submit the form in the office and do not forget to obtain the receiving. This will be followed by the verification of documents and a visit to your house by the Booth Level officer for the physical verification.
- Once the verification is done, the Voter ID will be delivered to you within a week or so.
The applicant can track the status of the application through the website of the Chief Electoral Officer by entering his application number.
You Can Also Apply for New Voter ID Card in These States As Well